Maximum song length video entry: 3 minutes
Maximum song length live final: 3.5 minutes
- 1st Feb 2020 is only open to those who live in or learn or teach pole in the BS postal area. The remaining spaces are then opened up to those who live outside Bristol on the 1st March 2020.
- Video audition links must be sent in by Midnight on the 30th April 2020 at the latest.
- Please make sure that your video is either ‘unlisted’ or ‘public’. If your video is private, we will be unable to judge your video.
- No amateur video entries may be entered if filmed more than 6 months before the video entry opening time. i.e before 1st August 2019
- You must never have competed in a Semi-Pro or Pro category to enter an amateur category.
Your video entry will be judged on the following criteria. Please note this criteria will be followed for the live final.
- Technical difficulty (according to your category)
Please note that costume and theme are not judged in the video round, but it is judged in the final. Please see full criteria breakdown here.
Costumes that are loose or do not provide proper coverage are not permitted such as bikinis and costumes only held together by string (secure straps are allowed).
Costumes should provide a ‘family friendly’ amount of coverage and must be tested for malfunctions, you will lose marks or risk disqualification if this occurs.
Heels must ankle height maximum, height of the actual heel is not restricted.
If you are unsure, then feel free to send us a picture of you in your costume before you film.
- Basic climbs and basic side climbs only. Forearm climbs are not permitted.
- All seats, basic Crucifix, basic Wrist-Seat, Skater, Figurehead (AKA hood ornament) and standing thigh hold are permitted.
- No other static holds where both feet are off the floor (e.g. Embrace), apart from as stated above.
- A basic Invert from the floor into an Inverted Crucifix or Gemini are allowed, but no other inverts or moves from an invert are allowed.
- Basic handstand dismounts are permitted and basic handstand shapes with use of the pole as an extra grip point e.g Handstand Butterfly with stomach resting against the pole.
- Dynamic beginner transitions such as Pirouettes, Step-Around, Cartwheel and Coffin Roll are permitted.
- ALL basic spins are permitted, including reverse grab and one-handed spins.
In this case the term ‘basic’ is meant to mean no variations, just the simplest form of that move. Any questions please email Kassia Portas on firstname.lastname@example.org