IMPORTANT. DUE TO COVID-19 THERE WILL NO LONGER BE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON VIDEO LENGTH OR WHEN IT WAS FILMED. This is to reduce pressure on the entrants and to keep everyone as safe as possible, whilst still keeping the competition running.
Maximum song length video round: 3.5 minutes.
Maximum song length live final: 5 minutes
- 1st Feb 2020 is only open to those who live in or learn or teach pole in the BS postal area. The remaining spaces are then opened up to those who live outside Bristol on the 1st March 2020.
- Video audition links must be sent in by Midnight on the 30th April 2020 at the latest.
- Please make sure that your video is either ‘unlisted’ or ‘public’. If your video is private, we will be unable to judge your video.
- No instructor video entries may be entered if filmed more than a year before the video entry opening time i.e before 1st February 2019.
- You must never have placed in a professional competition to enter the Instructor category.
- This category is for those who teach pole dance but have never been paid to perform pole including stage performances or photo shoots (other types of paid performances are not considered a restriction of this category ie other forms of dance).
- No moves restricted
Your video entry will be judged on the following criteria. Please note this criteria will be followed for the live final.
- Technical difficulty (according to your category)
Please note that costume and theme are not judged in the video round, but it is judged in the final. Please see full criteria breakdown here.
Costumes that are loose or do not provide proper coverage are not permitted such as bikinis and costumes only held together by string (secure straps are allowed).
Costumes should provide a ‘family friendly’ amount of coverage and must be tested for malfunctions, you will lose marks or risk disqualification if this occurs.
Heels must ankle height maximum, height of the actual heel is not restricted.
If you are unsure, then feel free to send us a picture of you in your costume before you film.