Each criterion is marked out of 10, a percentage will be established by an independent adjudicator to asses the highest scoring competitor. There are 5 judges for both the video and the final round, once the scores are in, the highest and the lowest mark will be deducted to remove any positive or negative bias.
Technical Ability 20%
- This is dependent on level.
- Are the tricks & spins displayed suitable for the level?
- Does the performer show control and perform tricks and spins smoothly?
- Are there a variety of moves displayed rather than repetition?
- Does the performer maintain good lines and angle of moves?
- Does the performer maintain stamina and control throughout their routine?
- Does the performer execute their moves safely?
- Does the performer maintain suitable eye contact with the camera/audience?
- Does the performer look comfortable performing and use a variety of expressions?
- Has the performer interpreted the music well, even if uniquely?
- Does the choreography reflect the rise and fall of the music?
- Does the performer utilise the climax of the music?
- Does the performer link tricks and spins together rather than executing them individually?
- Do the moves and choreography link together well with minimal hesitation?
- Has the performer used a noticeable costume?
- Does the costume go with their music choice and/or theme?
- Has the performer used a theme?
- Have they portrayed this theme well using their facial expressions and movement?
- Did they drop out of character or were they able to keep it throughout?
- Do they use a mix of static pole, spinny pole and floorwork/dance?
- Is each element relatively equal?
- Did they bias one element more than the others?